Saturday, February 6, 2010
Banishing Spells for a Waning Moon
For this spell you will need a handful of salt. Take the salt and toss it into the flames of a fire. The flames will turn blue. Gaze into the blue flames and focus intently on the illness leaving. As you visualize the illness going away, repeat the following words:
Sickness burns, good health returns.
This spell can be used on yourself or on another person.
Salt is the subject of many practical spells in Hoodoo. For example:
• The spilling of salt on the table say some, on the floor say others, is unlucky.*
• Don't borrow or lend salt because that is bad luck
• To avert bad luck when you spill salt, throw some of it over your left shoulder.*
• To avert bad luck when you spill salt, throw some of it over your right shoulder using the left hand.*
• To avert bad luck when you spill salt, drop some of it into the fire or on the stove. Some say you must not speak between the spilling and the burning.*
• To avert bad luck when you spill salt, burn some of it while wishing the bad luck on an enemy.*
• If at the table you upset the saltcellar and the salt falls in your direction, you will have bad; if it falls towards someone else, good luck.*
Marie Laveau's Ritual to Get Someone Out of the House
This is a ritual by Marie Laveau as reported by Zora Neale Hurston in her seminal work, Mules and Men. I have edited the narrative to provide a succinct summary of how the spell is performed.
Take a flat onion if the person you want to move is a woman, and a sharp pointed onion if it is a man, and core the onion out. Write the person's name five times on a piece of paper and stuff it into the hole of the onion, closing it up with the piece you just cut out. Pay attention to the goings-ons of the person and when they are leaving the house one day, roll the onion behind them before anyone else crosses the doorway. As you are rolling the onion, make a wish for the person to leave the house.
That evening, take a red candle and burn it just enough to melt the tip. Cut the candle into three parts and place them in a glass of Holy water. At midnight, go to the door of their home and holding the glass in front of you say "In the name of the Father, in the name of the Son, in the name of the Holy Ghost." Shake the glass three times violently up and down, and the last time throw the glass to the ground and break it. Say "Dismiss this person from this place."
When you leave that person's home, return to your home via a different route than the one you took to get there. That person should be gone within two weeks.